American Roulette in India
American roulette is just one of several variations of this classic game. But what makes it so popular and a favourite at physical and the best virtual casinos?
The table: With this type of roulette, the biggest difference you’ll notice is with the board. In American roulette, the board has “00” and “0” pockets. This gives you extra options for placing a bet and changing the odds compared to other variations of this game.
The wheel numbers: The way the numbers are arranged on the wheel is unique, too. The numbers are opposite of each other across the wheel, meaning the red 1 is directly across from the black 2. If you play roulette in Europe, you’ll see that the numbers are arranged randomly on the board.
Fewer rules: A major benefit of American roulette is simpler play. Some versions of European roulette allow “En Prison” and “La Partage” rules, and some French casinos have these rules in play automatically. So, in the American version of the game, you get to place more straightforward bets.
With simpler gameplay and a basic numbering system, this take on roulette is especially appealing to new players and those who want fewer rules to worry about when crafting a roulette strategy.
How to Play American Roulette
You play American roulette by first placing a bet. Then, the croupier — the person in charge of the gaming table — spins the wheel and releases the roulette ball. The ball will come to a stop in one of the pockets. Depending on the type of bet you’ve placed, you’ll win or lose based on which colour and number the ball has landed on.
American Roulette Bets
Players can place numerous types of roulette bets in American roulette:
- Red or black: Bet on which colour the ball will stop.
- Even or odd: Bet on whether the ball will stop on an even or odd number.
- 1-18 or 19-36: Bet on whether the ball will land on numbers 1-18 or 19-36.
- First, second, or third column: Bet on whether the ball will land on 1-12, 13-14, or 25-36.
- Sets: Bet on a set of two to six numbers. You win if the ball lands on any one of the numbers you picked.
- One number: Bet on the exact number the ball will stop on.
American Roulette Odds
Though American roulette is exciting, the odds are tilted slightly more in favour of the house compared to other games, such as blackjack. Still, at an edge of 5.26 percent (the casino’s average profit from player bets), roulette is enticing and fun to play.
American Roulette Help
Red or black, even or odd, and 1-18 or 19-36 bets offer the highest odds at 2-to-1. Also, in tables following Atlantic City roulette rules, the edge drops to 2.63 percent because you only stand to lose half your bet if the ball lands on 0 or 00. These are even-money bets offering a 1-to-1 payoff. For further odds, see list below:
- single number – 2.63 percent
- red – 47.37 percent
- black – 47.37 percent
- odd – 47.37 percent
- even – 47.37 percent
- a number between one and 18 – 47.37 percent
- a number between 19 and 36 – 47.37 percent
- a number between one and 12 – 31.58 percent
- a number between 13 and 24 – 31.58 percent
- a number between 25 and 36 – 31.58 percent
- a combination of two numbers – 5.26 percent
- a combination of three numbers – 7.89 percent
- a combination of four numbers – 10.53 percent
- a combination of six numbers – 15.79 percent
- a combination of one, two, three, zero, and double zero – 13.16 percent
The worst wager in terms of roulette odds is a one-number bet. This type of bet has 37 ways to lose, offering odds of 37 to 1.
Try American Roulette at these casinos
₹10,000 welcome bonus for Indian players.
Royal Panda was started with the idea that online casinos should be an open, welcoming place where players feel like they’re actually appreciated
100% up to ₹24,000 with 100 extra Spins on your first deposit.
This is a highly-rated site that has quickly become a favourite in its short time on the market.
SignUp Bonus ₹1,000
Great welcome offer, easy payouts & deposits. Wide selection of games | Mobile friendly