Guide to Playing EuroJackpot Lottery in India
Jackpots have always been our way to the world of dreamland and fantasies where we are super-rich and living a life that we have always dreamt of. All it takes is a little bit of luck and some trying – some people get it right the first time while others have to wait for a long time before they can sign on the cheque for a million dollars. But thankfully, we have so many lotteries to choose from today that if were to keep playing even a few of them every week or month, odds dictate that at some point, we may win something.
In this article, we will take a look at one such lottery – EuroJackpot, and tell you how you can play this European lottery in India and quite possibly win thousands of Euros!
EuroJackpot is one of the most popular lottery games (and newest) in Europe. With a maximum jackpot of 90 million Euros, there is no saying how many people participate in this game every week. In fact, a lot of lottery enthusiasts from across the world, including India, regularly try their luck in this one. The odds of winning EuroJackpot, as we will see later, are much better than others like the SuperEnalotto and Powerball.
What is the EuroJackpot Lottery?
You can think of EuroJackpot as Germany, Denmark, Finland, and other 10+ European nations’ answer to EuroMillions. It is a transnational lottery where the players need to select 5 numbers from 1-50 and 2 numbers between 1-10. Just like other lotteries, the goal is to get all of them right. The draw takes place every Friday night.
If you get the 5 regular numbers right, along with the remaining 2, then you will win the jackpot amount, which starts at €10 million and can go all the way up to €90 million! In addition to this, there are 11 additional tiers of prize money, each varying in amount depending on how many numbers you get right.
The main idea behind the EuroJackpot lottery was for it to compete with EuroMillions. Even though the idea originated in 2006, it wasn’t until 2011 that the likes of the Netherlands, Germany, Finland, Slovenia, and a few others convened to establish the lottery. The first rollout happened in 2012 March and EuroJackpot hasn’t looked back since then.
Another thing that makes EuroJackpot quite exciting to play in India online is its sheer design – it has been set up in such a way to give more frequent payouts! In other words, the odds of winning this particular lottery is fairly better than the others like EuroMillions, Powerball, SuperEnalotto, et cetera. We are going to see more on this later.
EuroJackpot can roll over to a maximum of €90,00,000, that is, if no one wins this lottery amount at the time of the draw, the prize will be rolled down to the next tier and so on. The tickets can be bought online and if you ever find yourself travelling through Europe in any of the participating countries (which is possible since there are a lot of nations involved here), you may even opt to purchase a ticket at any of the authorized shops/agencies.
The Incredible Jackpot!
If you are looking for a lottery game in India with incredibly competitive odds, EuroJackpot is your answer. It is estimated that the jackpot sum will be won every three to four weeks, meaning that the chances of a roll over taking place aren’t that high compared to others. All it takes is a little bit of luck!
As mentioned earlier, the jackpot starts at €10,00,000 and will roll over to the next draw every time there is no jackpot winner. As for the next tier level, where you need to guess the 5 numbers right plus 1 of the supplementary numbers, the prize is still likely to be well-above €200,000 – enough for you to buy a house in Marine Drive! And as for the maximum amount, is at an astounding €90 million.
Of course, winning this jackpot isn’t that easy – you have better odds of winning in live casino games like blackjack, roulette, and even online slot games. However, if you are looking solely at lotteries as a game to become a millionaire or crorepati, then EuroJackpot is your best bet.
To make things exciting, this 90 million Euros prize was won most recently on August 23, 2019! This has happened a few times throughout the history of this lottery. Take a look:
This also means that the jackpot prize has been reset to 10 million. It is quite incredible, isn’t it? Knowing that you can participate in a lottery where the game is designed to favour you, it is quite something.
The Payout System
EuroJackpot is one of the few lotteries that has been designed to be people-friendly. There are 12 prize tiers, including the jackpot, as you can see below:
|Tier||Numbers||Probability of winning|
|1 (jackpot)||5 + 2||1 : 95 344 200|
|2||5 + 1||1 : 5 959 013|
|3||5||1 : 3 405 150|
|4||4 + 2||1 : 423 752|
|5||4 + 1||1 : 26 485|
|6||4||1 : 15 134|
|7||3 + 2||1 : 9 631|
|8||2 + 2||0.508333333|
|9||3 + 1||0.459722222|
|11||1 + 2||0.130555556|
|12||2 + 1||1:42|
In contrast, the odds of winning the jackpot in EuroMillions is 1:139 million and for Powerball, it is well above 1:200 million! In the case of EurJackpot, it is just 1:95 million, which makes a huge difference.
The reason for this lies in the number selection. EurJackpot and EuroMillions, both require you to pick 5 numbers between 1 to 50. However, when it comes to those two extra, lucky numbers, that’s where we see the magic: EuroMillions has the selection between 1 to 12 while EuroJackpot has the selection between 1 to 10. These two supplementary numbers make all the little, or in this case, massive impact.
Can You Buy EuroJackpot Lottery Tickets in India?
Most definitely, yes! You can buy a lottery ticket for the EuroJackpot Lottery in India and do it online. All you need to do is buy your ticket from a trusted agency/operator. Now, granted that it can be quite tedious and loathsome to find a reputed, best, and safe online party to purchase your ticket from. But lucky you have, there’s SevenJackpots.
In our quest to help you win the treasure, we have done the research and compiled a list of top operators where you can play the EuroJackpot Lottery. Thousands of punters across the world have given preference to these sites. These are trustworthy, reputable, and bound by strict data protection laws. In other words, if you win, they will not take your money and run away – we can vouch for that. Plus, there are strict safeguards in place to prevent that from happening.
Before you go about finding an operator of your choice, here are a few things that you should consider:
- Reviews, reputation, and the popularity of the operator
- The different types of welcome bonuses and promotions offered; there are free bets, no deposit bonuses, first deposit bonuses, free spins, and so much more!
- Whether the operator specializes only in lottery or other things like sports betting, bookmaking, and live casino games
- Mobile usability so that you can buy your lottery tickets on the go
- Commitment to responsible gambling, so that you don’t lose track of reality while trying to win big
- The type of customer service: 24/7, fixed timings, languages spoken
- Payment and withdrawal options
- User-friendly site design with easy navigation
Luckily, the list of trusted EuroJackpot online agencies you see here fulfil the criteria on the list mentioned above. But if you are still not convinced, we encourage you to read our reviews.
Get 1 US Powerball entry FREE when you purchase your first online lottery entry
Get 25% off ALL lotteries on the site - Official Lottery Tickets
- Powerball Mega JACKPOT – Get your official Powerball ticket with 10 % discount today!
How do you Play the EuroJackpot Online in India?
Playing the EuroJackpot Lottery online in India is an incredibly easy feat. Here’s how you do it:
- Find yourself an operator that sells the EuroJackpot tickets. Create an account and log in
- Visit the EuroJackpot page and make your picks. Select 5 numbers between 1 to 50 per ticket, priced at less than €2 (Rs.170) per ticket. You can also use the auto-generate system to randomly assign the numbers on your ticket.
- You can purchase multiple tickets with different winning lines to maximise your odds of winning. The more tickets you play, the better will be your already good chances of becoming a crorepati!
- You may also opt for a subscription plan, that is, pay a small amount upfront or recurring, to participate in the lotto regularly. This way, the operator will purchase the ticket on your behalf without you having to do it manually.
- You can even pick multiple numbers on the same ticket. Thanks to the magic of math and powerful software, the operators will automatically generate the maximum number of tickets, each with a different winning combination of 5+2 from the numbers you choose.
- Some operators may also allow you to opt for System Play or Group Play. The first one is more along the lines of picking multiple lines at a time while the latter focuses on splitting the cost of the ticket (and subsequent prize pool) with your friends and family.
- The draw takes place every Friday at around 8:00 pm CEST (11:30 pm IST during summer, 12:30 am IST during winters) in Helsinki, Finland. The ticket sales close a few hours before the draw.
And that’s all folks! It is as simple as it gets. Be sure to track your numbers and results.