Send in documents to withdraw from a casino, should I do it?
Our first thought was “It’s a scam!” but we decided to go with it, and boy did they request documents!
It seemed as though they wanted to know everything about us, and all we wanted to do was to cash out our winnings!
Today, we know why casinos need to verify players’ accounts, and we also know what to do to make the process as smooth as possible.
And yes, we have received all of our winnings smoothly ever since.
How do I verify my account
1. Take a photo or scan the documents requested
2. Upload or send the documents via email
3. Wait for the casino to confirm they’ve received and approved them or if they need to make amendments.
How do I know if it’s legitimate?
If you’ve received a notification on your casino account to verify your account, it’s a legitimate request. If requested via email, make sure to check the email from where it was sent. If unsure, reach out to the customer support of the casino. Easy!
Which documents do I need to send?
An ordinary account verification is in place to confirm your identity first of all. The documentation you’ll be requested to provide will be:
- ID – Any valid official identification document. Your Aadhar card is the easiest, but you can also provide a passport or driver’s license.
- Proof of address – A document that shows your name and residential address. Valid documentation will be a utility bill, bank statement, insurance papers, or any other official documents received.
- Proof of payment method – You MIGHT have to provide proof that you are the owner of the payment method used. The document required will depend on the method used. (We’ll take a closer look at this shortly.)
- TIM ID – In VERY rare cases, you might have to send a selfie photo of yourself, holding your ID next to your face.
How do I send through the documents?
You can send documentation in two different ways, depending on which casino you are playing at.
Some casinos, such as LeoVegas, have a verification portal on their website where you can directly upload your documents. Other operators will require you to send them over email.
We prefer the on-site process, as it’s fast, easy, and slightly safer than sending sensitive information over email.
When should I send documents
All active players will have to verify their account sooner or later, but most verifications happen when players make their first withdrawal request.
If you’d rather have the verification process over and done with, do what we usually do; request to verify your account manually!
Simply reach out to the customer support and tell them that you’d like to verify your account. They’ll inform you of the documents required, and once provided; you are fully verified and ready to play!
How are my documents being handled?
Your documents will only be reviewed by trained and certified employees of the casino. These are often either part of their support, security, or payments team.
All documents are stored in encrypted databases, protected by the same type of firewalls and SSL encryption used by banks and government bodies.
Verifying payment methods used on account
As we mentioned earlier, the online gambling site will sometimes have to verify your payment method to ensure that it belongs to you. The type of documentation required will depend on the deposit method used.
- Credit/Debit card: A photo of the card. Only the first 4 and 6 last digits of the card number must be visible, plus the card expiry date and your name. There’s no need to send the back-side of the card unless any required details are located there.
- E-Wallet (Skrill/MuchBetter/Neteller, etc.): Screenshot of your wallet account when logged in. Should show your name, your payment method account ID, and the URL of the page (if used in the browser.)
- Bank account (UPI/IMPS/Bank transfer, etc.): A recent bank statement showing your name and the bank logo. In some instances, the casino will require the statement to show the transaction made to or from the casino site.
Why do I need to send through the documents
The primary reason you have to verify your account by sending in documents is that it is a requirement from the operator’s license.
Gambling licenses work to prevent everything from money laundering to terrorist funding, fraud, and identity theft. Part of that work is to receive confirmation that players are who they say they are.
Although the process might feel annoying, it is a small nuisance to ensure that you and your money are safe from harm.
Checking that you haven’t self-excluded
The online casino is not only verifying you to keep you safe from fraudulent activity, but they also care about your overall safety.
If you already have an account with the casino that has been closed due to self-exclusion, you won’t be able to play, as the casino will follow strict processes for responsible gambling.
If this is the case, understand that they’ll restrict you from playing for your safety.
Checking that you’re old enough
Gambling is an activity that should only be done by persons who are over 18 years of age.
As a matter of fact, if a casino is found to allow minors to gamble with real money, they might face huge fines or lose their gambling license.
It’s therefore important to refrain from gambling if under the age of 18.
How do I know if my documents have been verified?
The verification process can take anything from under one hour to up to 12 hours, depending on the casino.
Usually, your documents will have to be reviewed by a real person, and if they are busy, it will affect the processing time.
As soon as your account has been verified, you will receive an email that will confirm the verification.
What is source of income?
Most players will never have to provide documents for their source of income, but if you are a VIP or Highroller, the chances are that you’ll come across this verification at some point.
Source of Income is a type of verification that the casino will request if you are gambling with a high amount of money.
In short, you’ll have to provide documentation showing how you are funding your gambling. If the money comes from your salary, heritage, winnings at other gambling sites, or elsewhere, the casino will require proof of this.
Why do I have to send Source of Income?
Again, it is part of the license requirement to know who you are and know where the money you are using comes from.
Understanding the source of the money used on their gambling site will ensure that the funds are not originating from criminal activities.
Knowing the source of your funds is also important from a responsible gambling point. The casino will want to know if you can afford to gamble in the way you are.
How to get your documents approved on the first try
When verifying your account, there are some key points that you HAVE to keep in mind, for the process to be quick and painless.
Believe us, we’ve heard horror stories of players being stuck for months verifying their account simply because they’ve not sent in documents correctly.
Follow this checklist to make sure that your account is verified in no-time!
The SevenJackpots Account Verification Checklist
- Send valid documents – Your ID can’t be expired, and for utility bills and bank statements, make sure the document has been issued within the last 3 months, and that it shows the issue date.
- Include the whole document – No matter if a photo or scan, make sure that ALL FOUR CORNERS of the document is included!
- Make sure it’s clear and legible – Probably the most common mistake players make is to send documents that are too unclear, blurry, or of too low resolution to properly verify. Use a digital camera, your webcam, or a mobile camera, and make sure that the photos are clear BEFORE you send them.
- Details matching your casino account – If you have moved house, changed your last name, changed your gender, or relocated to another country, you might have to provide additional documentation. Make sure that details match your account. If they don’t, explain why.
- Never, EVER, create an account in someone else’s details – We can’t stress this enough, a casino account is personal, so use your details when creating one. Using someone else’s details will get you in big trouble when it’s time to verify your account.
Verifying your casino account does not have to be a nuisance when it’s done correctly; all you have to do is to follow our tips here above.
Remember, an online casino site handles a lot of real money, and they need to know who is using their site to keep you and your funds safe and secure.