Classic Blackjack is an Indian casino favorite thanks to the house’s low edge, meaning gamblers on average leave with more winnings compared to those who play other games.
This card game is also popular for its easy-to-pick-up and easy-to-master rules. Beginners can quickly understand the basics of hitting and sticking, and advanced moves like doubling down and splitting make blackjack appealing to experts, as well.
Top Blackjack Online Casinos in India
Get up to ₹1,00,000 in Welcome Bonus
- Paytm & Crypto payments
- Live Dealer Teen Patti & Andar Bahar
- ₹500 min. deposit!
Get up to ₹90,000 in Welcome Bonus
- Avaliable in HI, BN, KN & TE languages
- Paytm & Google Pay
- UPI Mobile payment available
Deposit ₹1000 get ₹2000 bonus
- Instant deposit & withdrawal w. NetBanking
- Awarded & safe casino & sportsbook
- Minimum deposit ₹500
Get up to ₹20,000 EXTRA to play with + ₹5,000 in Free Bets!
- Paytm & G-Pay through Net Banking
- Local Indian brand
- Roulette, Teen Patti & Andar Bahar games
How to Play Classic Blackjack
This blackjack type is the most well-known and popular in real-world and online casinos, and play is straightforward compared to other card games. Each round follows these blackjack rules:
- The dealer and each player receive two cards.
- The players’ cards are turned face up. One of the dealers’ cards stays face down, but the other is turned.
- Each player decides to “hit,” adding another card to their hand, or to “stand” and stick with what they have.
Classic Blackjack Payouts and Odds
Blackjack odds and payouts can be straightforward, depending on the type of gameplay. In single-deck, classic blackjack, the house edge can be as low as 0.5 percent, offering odds as high as 3-to-2. This all depends on your blackjack strategy, though, and how well you play the game.
Players have a maximum payoff per bet of 1.5-to-1. However, this only happens with a natural blackjack, meaning you’re dealt an ace and a 10 or face card right away. If you take one or more hits and win, the payout is 1-to-1, so you’ll receive the value of your wager. If you and the dealer tie, it’s called a “push.” You get your wager back but no winnings. A “bust,” meaning you’ve gone over 21, causes you to lose your bet.
Learn all the details from this instruction video for Classic blackjack.
Blackjack Rules Include
To win, the player’s total card value must be closer to 21 than that of the dealer without going over. If you and the dealer bust, the house still wins. Cards 2-10 are worth their numerical value. Aces count as either 1 or 11, and face cards count as 10. So, all you need to play blackjack is basic math skills.
If you’d like to develop a more advanced blackjack strategy, these are the rules you’ll need to learn:
- Double down: You can double your bet, but you’re forced to receive one more card and can’t hit again.
- Split: If you get two of the same card, you can split them into two hands.
- Insurance: If the dealer’s revealed card is an ace, you can place a side bet on whether the other card is worth 10.
Classic Blackjack Varieties
All varieties of this game build on the classic blackjack goal of getting a score closer to 21 than the dealer. Some versions, like European blackjack and Vegas Strip blackjack, play with multiple decks. Others, like Blackjack Switch, deal each player two hands. Still others remove certain cards from play — for example, Spanish 21 uses four decks but removes the 10s.
Some of these variations have rules about when a dealer must hit or stand. In Spanish 21, for instance, the dealer can hit on a 17 but doesn’t have to. But in European blackjack or online blackjack, dealers are usually required to hit on soft 17s.
[single_affiliate_xl title=”Leovegas” ]