The Hindustan Times has recognized our knowledge of India as a growing market for gambling in their latest article. It clearly shows that SevenJackpots remains your go-to site for the latest casino news and information.
India is a game changer – Here’s why
India is soaring when it comes to gaming, with the market being expected to pass the $1 billion mark in 2021.
The significant number of Indians playing games has a direct effect on the demand for developers, designers, investors, and other professions, helping the market grow.
There are seven primary reasons why India is the ‘next big thing’ in gaming:
- 1. India, a country of youngsters – Over 75% of the population is under 45, which means that there’s a high level of tech-savvy people, eager to play games, both on mobile and computer.
- 2. Mobile gaming is on the rise – Yes, people still play on computers, especially for e-sport games. But, mobile devices are gaining a much broader audience thanks to technological advancements making it possible to play popular massive online games from the phone.
- 3. Increase in internet users – The number of Indians using the internet today is close to 600 million, which comes to show the potential of introducing online games to that number of people.
- 4. Tailor-made content for Indian users – The times of Indians having to adjust to western games is gone. Today, players can enjoy real money games such as Andar Bahar, Teen Patti, and Rummy online.
- 5. eSports is on the rise – Over 250 million gamers participate in some form of e-sports annually. Classic e-sports such as CS:GO, DOTA 2, as well as fantasy sports, especially that of cricket, is on the rise.
- 6. Higher focus on IT – India is becoming a global center for technology and online services, which sees the number of IT companies grow in the country.
- 7. Evolution of digital payment methods – Google Pay and Paytm are quickly becoming recognized payment methods for both online and offline purchases.